Tuesday, February 25, 2014

31 Week Check-In

Well, I don't have a whole lot going on this week.  I had an OB visit yesterday. Uterus is measuring about 33 weeks so baby continues to grow pretty nicely.  I'm secretly hoping that he will be under albs when he is born.  I don't know how much luck I will have with that.

My sugar levels have been relatively good.  Most of the time when they are elevated, I know it because of what I ate.  I get upset and a little sad when they are elevated and I didn't expected them to be.  Checking numbers 4 times a day is really stressful.  I've been put on a low dose medication right before bed time.  It's called Glyburide.  My fasting numbers were constantly 90 or slightly above, but now they are doing better.  I'm starting to notice that things that have ok to eat are starting to have a little higher numbers, which I guess is expected as I near the end of the pregnancy.


Starting next week, I'll be making trips to the hospital 2x a week, every Tuesday and Friday, for a biophysical profile and an NST (Non-stress test).  I don't know much about the bop, but the purpose of these tests will be to check baby's movement, see if I'm having any contractions and his growth.  Plus, I still have regular bi-weekly appointment with my OB.

Hopefully, I'll know when my cerclage gets removed in the next 2 weeks.  Dr. Saikie said he will talk with MFM and see who will remove it and when (35 or 36 weeks).  I'm ready for a date, so I can put in my maternity leave notice at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment