Monday, March 24, 2014

35 Weeks!

I've been waiting to update until I knew when my cerclage would be removed, and then so many things kept happening between getting a confirmed date.


I'm still working through the gestational diabetes.  I'm on 2 pills a day-one before dinner and one before bed.  That seems to work most of the time.  I'm also doing a lot better with my water intake.  I haven't made it to a gallon yet but I am usually over 80 ounces everyday.  Next appointment with the Nurse practitioner is on Friday.

Baby and I have still been having our weekly tests.  He is passing his biophysical profiles every Tuesday with flying colors!  He is also doing well with his non-stress tests.  I've said it before, he is such the overachiever. We also ended up having a stress test and he did well with that.  At last Fridays appointment, I was having a lot of big contractions and his heart rate did exactly what he was supposed to do.

This led to my busy weekend!  Not knowing whether or not I was actually about to go into labor, we had some last minute shopping to do Saturday morning.  I  made another payment on his crib, bought his bassinet and car seat cover (since it's apparently still winter) and also got my breast pump.  At home,  we made sure my hospital bag was ready to go with things for me, Terry and the kids.

From Friday's appointment to Saturday, I had contractions for over 24 hours and then they slowed down…..That is until Sunday afternoon!  While grocery shopping, the contractions and back pain came back with a vengeance.  Those required another call to the doctor and lasted over 5 hours.

This weekend's activities lead to me going on maternity leave a week early.  I left at lunch time and really didn't expect to become an emotional mess when I left.  These crazy contractions also led to me having my cerclage removed today in the office instead of in 2 weeks at the hospital.  That was quite an ordeal.  It took 2 doctors.  Dr Saikie tried and gave up without hurting me too badly.  His partner on the other is one tough cookie.  Dr Berg delivered my twin and at that time, I felt that she had big hands for a woman.  Well, she is also very determined!  She got the cerclage out!  It hurt and caused me to nearly break out in a sweat!  I may have even stopped breathing for a second.

Good news is that now we now longer have to worry about going into labor early.  I'm free to have strong contractions without worrying about tearing my cervix or doing any type of damage.

Baby's growth has also slowed down.  He's gone from being about 2 weeks ahead to measuring right on schedule.  At the last growth scan, about 2 weeks ago, he was weighing about 4 pounds 10 ounces. So if he comes soon, he may just be close to 6 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment