Friday, March 7, 2014

That's A Lot of Water!

I had quite a bit of activity in just the last couple of days.  First, my dinner number were kind of haywire, so my Nurse adjusted my meds again, up to 2 pills before dinner.  Well, I would be so hungry and tired the last two days that I forgot to take the pills.  Some how, my numbers for 2 days were perfect, except for the first fasting one.  So, until they change again, I get to stay with my one pill in the evening right before bed.  The nurse cautioned us that she typically has only seen numbers correct themselves about a week or so before the person goes into labor.   Being  that I am  now  33 weeks, she   said that baby's chance of survival is really good, but we'd expect that he would have breathing problems, because the lungs are quite fully developed. Fingers crossed that I'm just eating better or not that stressed any more and nothing else.

After that appointment, I had my fist NST.  I'll have this test every Friday.  I get hooked up to monitors, one to watch baby's heart rate and make sure it increases when it should and the other monitor is to check for any contractions. Well…. to my surprise, during our half hour test, I had at least 4 contractions.  Funny that I didn't feel any of them like I had for 2 hours last week Friday.

The tech took my printout to the MFM Doctor.  Thankfully he said since I couldn't feel them, I was allowed to go home and drink tons( a gallon a day to be exact) of water, like Kaylen said above, instead of being checked in to the hospital.  Hopefully, I can get this water issue under control before next Friday.

A couple of weeks ago, the family and I took pictures.  They are finally online.  They turned out really nice.  Now we just must decide which ones we want to purchase!



No comments:

Post a Comment