Friday, August 9, 2013

Single Embryo Transfer (SET)


After 2 fresh cycles of IVF, I’m left with transferring a single embryo.  Dr Hayes and Amy (the embryologist), informed me that my little embryo was darn near perfect and had a great chance to result in a pregnancy.
I’m was very excited to hear this.  My transfer was Wednesday, Aug 7th, 2013 at 11am.  It was nice and quick.  I was released from the hospital a couple of hours later to go home and rest for the next couple of days.
Last night was pretty crazy.  I’m hoping that I had my first weird pregnancy dream.  Despite all the sleep I had yesterday, I had no problem taking at least 3 naps today and once I finish this, I don’t foresee a problem going back to see.
I’ll probably start testing Saturday.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait until Sunday.  I go back to the clinic for a hormone check, but they won’t do a pregnancy test until the weekend of the 16th.

Here is my little embryo baby at 6 days old.  The part outside the shell will develop into the placenta and the part inside the shell will become baby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment