Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Blob!

Today was the big day.  I finally had  my first ultrasound.  Not only were we excited for this day, but so was our nurse.  She wanted to know how many were cooking, too.  Despite my high numbers, there was only 1 baby. Baby is measuring nicely at 1-2 days a head, so around 6wk6d or 7d.  We were able to hear the heartbeat and it was about 122bpm.

Dr. Hayes was very nice today.  Due to the last two traumatizing pregnancies, she offered me the opportunity to come in next week for another ultrasound instead of waiting the typical 2 weeks. As much as I liked the idea, I stuck with coming back in 2 weeks. It wouldn't have been a problem if I weren't back at work, but now I have to keep taking time off of work to come down to the hospital.

How Far Along: 6weeks 5 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I initially lost 3 lbs but at exactly 6 weeks I was down 3.2lbs.

Clothes: I wear long dresses and elastic waisted capris so I don't notice them getting tighter, but I did wear a pair of jean capris the other day and they were a little snug.

Sleep: I'm sleeping fine.  Waking at least once a night to go to the bathroom.

Gender: No idea, but for some reason, I have a feeling it is going to be a boy.

Symptoms: Fatigue and occasional nausea

Cravings: McDonalds' Double Cheese Burgers have been really good lately.

Looking Forward To: Being able to make my appointment for Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM)

Next Appointment: Next ultrasound is Sept 18 @ 11:15am.

Miscellaneous: Baby is the size of a small pea!

No comments:

Post a Comment