Saturday, October 26, 2013

Scary Day

Everything started off fine today.  I had a little pain on my side at the bowling, but it went away after I started walking.  We got to the car and drove right down the street to Target.  As I was getting out of the car, I felt something come out that didn't fell like pee.  My first thought was to make it inside Target and go straight to the bath, but I changed my mind. I reached down the back on my pants, checked my hand and saw blood.  I look at Terry and said I need to go to the hospital right now.

At the hospital, we got our first bit of good news after the pelvic check.  I wasn't actively bleeding and my cervix appeared closed. The nurse eventually came back to check for baby's heartbeat. She warned us that she is not an OB nurse, so if she can't find an heartbeat not doesn't mean anything is wrong.  I told her my own OB doctor couldn't find this boy's heartbeat and gave up and just did an ultrasound.  She was able to find it 2 two times for about a second each time, so we ended up having to do another ultrasound.  I wasn't able to see the ultrasound, but Terry was.  He said baby was bigger than the last time and still just as busy.

They checked the baby, the placenta and throughout my uterus-everything was fine.  Bad news-they couldn't find any cause or reason for the bleed.  Therefore, the diagnosis was a threatened miscarriage.

So, I was sent home for bed rest the remained of the weekend.  I have to call and check in with Dr Saikie on Monday morning and still get my cerclage Tuesday afternoon.  The Doctor also said no strenuous activity "for the next 6 months"! He stressed things like cleaning floors and laundry...I wonder who will do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment