Thursday, October 3, 2013

Graduation Day!

We had our last visit with Dr Hayes today.  It was a good visit and even Baby was happy. While doing the ultrasound, Baby was very active.  It's arms and legs were going and it even did a complete roll for us. We were all laughing.  Dr Hayes had a hard time getting a picture for us because of all the movement.  She was eventually able to get us 3 good pictures. We also got a nice little "graduation" present: a new monkey, a onesie and a baby hat, plus 3 different pregnancy magazines.

The other good news of the day:  my estrogen and progesterone levels were great, so I am done taking them.  That means no more shots!!!!  My butt will finally have a chance to heal after being poked twice a day for the last 9 weeks.

Mommy/Baby Stats
Weight: lost more weight.  Won't know amount until tomorrow morning weigh-in.

Clothes: Any pants with a button or zipper is uncomfortable in the morning when I put it on and straight irritating by the time I get home from work.

Sleep: Same as before.

Gender:  Will know pretty soon.  Wondering so much about it has given me at least one nightmare.

Symptoms: Morning sickness is getting worse instead of better.  I don't remember throwing up (or practicing, because there was nothing in my stomach to throw up) during the 1st trimester of any other pregnancy.  Now, I can add constipation to the list.  I hate drinking prune juice, but it helps keep the tears away.

Cravings: It's weird- I want any kind of sandwich that has ample amounts of mayo on it- Cousin's sub (extra mayo) Grand Chicken from Steak Escape (with extra mayo).

Anxiety:  Took Maternit21 test this week.  Now waiting for the results.

Next Appointment:  First OB appointment on Monday.  I know he's going to send me to the lab and drain all my blood.

Baby Stats: Baby measured a couple days ahead on today's ultrasound and heartbeat was 163, Dr Hayes said both were great.  At 11 weeks, Baby should be measuring about 2 inches, weighing at about 0.3 ounces. My placenta is now up and working and supporting the baby.  It's head is still twice as big as the rest of its body.  It's ears are moving towards the side of the head and reproductive organs are becoming more distinguished.

No comments:

Post a Comment